Life Factors Ministries Statement of Faith - Our Beliefs & Values
Our ministry’s theme verse is James 1:27 - “Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”
We focus on pure religion of reaching fatherless/motherless families, living pure lives, spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ to a lost and dying world, and discipling individuals.
SOME OF OUR BIBLICAL BELIEFS:
- We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men and supernaturally inspired; that it is truth without any admixture of error for its matter; and therefore is and shall remain to the end of the age the only complete and final revelation of the will of God to man; the true center of Christian union and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds, and opinions should be tried. By "The Holy Bible" we mean that collection of sixty-six books from Genesis to Revelation, which, as originally written, does not only contain and convey the Word of God but is the very Word of God. By "inspiration" we mean that the books of the Bible were written by holy men of old as they were moved by the Holy Spirit in such a definite way that their writings were supernaturally and verbally inspired (II Tim 3:16; I Peter 1:21).
- We believe that there is one, and only one, living and true God and infinite, intelligent Spirit, the Maker and Supreme Ruler of Heaven and Earth (Genesis 1:1; Psalm 90); that He is inexpressibly glorious in holiness and worthy of all possible honor, confidence, and love; that in the unity of the Godhead, there are three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, equal in every divine perfection and executing distinct but harmonious offices in the great work of redemption and in the accomplishment of His eternal plan and purpose (I John 5:6-12).
- We believe that Jesus Christ, eternal with the Father, was begotten of the Holy Ghost and in miraculous manner; that He was born of Mary, a virgin, as no other person was ever born of woman, and that He is both the Son of God and God the Son (I John 1:1,2). He is both true man, one person with two natures, tempted in all points like as we are, yet without sin (Isaiah 7:14; Hebrews 4:14-17).
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person; eternal and equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same essence (I John 5:7); that He was active in the creation (Genesis 1:2); that in the unbelieving world He restrains the evil one until God's purpose is fulfilled; that He convicts of sin, of judgment and of righteousness; that He bears witness of the truth of the Gospel in preaching and testimony; that He is the agent in the new birth; that He seals, endues, guides, teaches, bears witness with, sanctifies, and helps the believer (John 14:7; Romans 8:14-27). Using Acts 1:8 as our criteria for evaluation, we believe that the evidence of the fullness of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer is boldness to witness for our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
- We believe that Satan was once holy and enjoyed heavenly honors; but through pride and ambition to be as the Almighty, he fell and drew after him a host of angels and is now the malignant prince of the power of the air and the unholy god of this world (Ezekiel 28:12-17; Isaiah 14:12-25). We hold him to be man's great tempter, the enemy of God and Jesus Christ, the accuser of the brethren, the author of all false religions, the chief source of the present apostasy, the lord of anti-Christ, and the author of all of the powers of darkness (I Peter 5:8,9); destined, however, to final defeat at the hands of God's Son and the judgment of an eternal justice in the lake of fire, a place prepared for him and for his angels as well as all of the unbelievers of the ages (Rev 20:10).
- We believe the Genesis account of creation is to be accepted literally and not allegorically or figuratively (Genesis 1); that the creation was accomplished in six (6), twenty-four (24) hour days (Genesis 1:5,8,13,19,23,31; 2:2; Exodus 20:11); that man was created directly in God's own image and after His own likeness (Genesis 1:26,27); that man's creation was not a matter of evolution or evolutionary change of species or development through interminable periods of time from lower to higher forms; that all animal and vegetable life were made directly by God, and God's established law was that they should bring forth only "after their kind." We deny any form of atheistic or theistic evolution (Romans 1:19,20).
- We believe that man was created in innocence under the law of his Maker, but by voluntary transgression, he fell from his sinless and happy state of perfection (Genesis 3), in consequence of which, all mankind are now sinners and therefore under just condemnation without defense or excuse and are guilty before God (Romans 5:12; Psalm 51:5; Romans 3).
- We believe that the salvation of sinners is wholly of grace through the mediatorial offices of the Son of God who by the appointment of the Father freely took upon Him our nature, yet without sin and honored the divine law by His personal obedience and by His death made a full and vicarious atonement for our sins; that His atonement was not merely an example but was the voluntary substitution enthroned in Heaven and is uniting in His wonderful person the most tender sympathies with divine perfection. He is in every way qualified to be a suitable, a compassionate, and an all-sufficient Saviour (Hebrews 2:9; II Corinthians 5:21; Hebrews 10:4-14).
- We believe that in order to be saved, sinners must be born again; that the new birth is the new creation in Jesus Christ (John 3:3,5); that it is instantaneous and not a process; that in the new birth the one dead in trespasses and in sins is made a partaker of the divine nature and receives eternal life, the free gift of God (Ephesians 2:8,9); that the new creation is brought about in a manner above our comprehension, not by culture, not by character, nor by the will of man, but wholly and solely by the power of the Holy Spirit in connection with divine truth, so as to secure our voluntary obedience to the Gospel (John 1:13; Titus 3:5); that its proper evidence appears in the holy fruits of repentance and faith in newness of life (Galatians 5:22-25).
- We believe that the great Gospel which Christ secures to such as believe in Him provides justification; that justification declares the sinner righteous through the merits of Jesus Christ (Romans 3:21-26) and this divine pardon is bestowed not in consideration of any works of righteousness which we have done, but solely through faith in the Redeemer's blood, and that His righteousness is imputed unto us; that through justification we have peace with God (Romans 5:1,9).
- We believe that repentance and faith are solemn obligations and also inseparable graces wrought in our souls by the quickening Spirit of God; thereby, being deeply convicted of our guilt, danger, and helplessness, and being convinced of the way of salvation through Jesus Christ, we turn to God with unfeigned contrition, confession, and supplication for mercy; at the same time, we heartily receive the Lord Jesus Christ and openly confess Him as our only and all-sufficient Saviour (Jeremiah 8:6; Acts 17:30;26:30).
- We believe that God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity should be engaged in outside of a marriage between a man and a woman. We believe that any form of homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, trans-sexuality, bestiality, incest, fornication, adultery, and pornography are sinful perversions of God's gift of sex (Genesis 2:24; 19:5, 13; 26:8-9; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; I Corinthians 5:1; 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4).
- We believe that human life begins at conception and that the unborn child is a living human being. Abortion constitutes the unjustified, unexcused taking of unborn human life. Abortion is murder. We reject any teaching that abortions of pregnancies due to rape, incest, birth defects, gender selection, birth or population control, or the mental well-being of the mother are acceptable (Job 3:16; Psalms 51:5; 139:14-16; Isaiah 44:24; 49:1, 5; 20:15-18; Luke 1:44). We believe that life is sacred and any act of putting to death a person suffering from a distressing disease, illness or health problem from injury (euthanasia or mercy killing) for his own good is virtually an instance of self-deification usurping a right that belongs to God (Psalm 68:20; II Kings 5:7; Job 1:21; 2:6; Hebrews 9:27).
- The Statement of Faith does not exhaust the extent of our faith. The Bible is the sole and final source of all that we believe. We believe that the foregoing Statement of Faith accurately represents the teaching of the Bible, and therefore is binding upon all directors, officers, employees, agents, and volunteers of the corporation.