Episode 27 - Dr. Ken Canfield - Founder of National Center for Fathering - fathers.com
In Episode 27 of the Let's Talk About Fatherlessness Show, Sean Teis has a conversation with his good friend Dr. Ken Canfield, a nationally known leader and scholar who has committed his life to strengthening fathers and families. He founded the National Center for Fathering – fathers.com – in 1990 and has been involved with many other organizations during his career.
/Watch or Subscribe on YouTube / https://tinyurl.com/LifeFactorsMinistries
OUR GUEST PROFILE:
Dr. Canfield has served as a consultant to media, national, state and community leaders—often in partnership with his wife, Dee. Ken has testified to the National Commission of Children (1990), served as a founding member of the Father to Father Initiative (1995-2000) and the National Fatherhood Leaders Group (2002-2006). He has been recognized for his leadership and was awarded the Father of the Year (1993) by the National Congress for Men and Children, the Most Outstanding Alumnus Award (2006) from his alma mater, Friends University, and the Polish Presidential Medal of Honor (2007).
Dr. Canfield has keynoted and presented at dozens of state and community conferences including Fatherhood Summits in California, Florida, Indiana and Kansas. In addition, he has taught his “7 Secrets of Effective Fathers” two-day conference to over 125,000 fathers in a variety of community centers as well as military and faith-based settings.
He is the author of numerous articles, both popular and scientific, and has written twelve books, including The 7 Secrets of Effective Fathers, The Heart of a Father, The Adventures in Fatherhood Series, They Call Me Dad, and most recently, The HEART of Grandparenting, as well as several book chapters in collaborative texts.
Besides publishing, Canfield was heard on a daily weekday radio commentary, Today’s Father, which he began in 1993 and aired on over 600 stations nationwide. He has been interviewed on The Oprah Winfrey Show (twice), NBC’s Today Show, ABC’s World News Tonight, Focus on the Family, 700 Club, and numerous other radio and television programs.
Ken is also founder and president of the National Association for Grandparenting (grandkidsmatter.org), believing that grandparents are a missing and needed addition to strengthen the family system.
Ken and his late wife, Dee, were married 43 years and have five adult children (three daughters and two sons), three sons-in-law, one daughter-in-law and fourteen grandchildren. He has since married Dr. Michelle Watson Canfield and they share a passion for equipping fathers to engage in their children’s lives. When Ken and Michelle aren’t visiting family in the Midwest or on the East Coast, they reside in Arkansas, where they enjoy the outdoors, connecting with friends and family, and church activities.
To learn more about Dr. Ken Canfield and his ministry, visit https://fathers.com/.
CHURCHES & MINISTRIES
To learn more about Life Factors Fatherless Ministries, find resources for your fatherless family ministry, or join the Network of God is my Dad Churches and Ministries, please visit https://www.lifefactors.org/.
- JOIN THE NETWORK OF GOD IS MY DAD CHURCHES & MINISTRIES: https://www.lifefactors.org/godismydadnetwork/
- LAUNCH A SINGLE MOM MINISTRY/ SUPPORT GROUP: https://www.lifefactors.org/start-a-single-mom-support-group
- DOWNLOAD OUR FREE SINGLE MOM YEAR MONTHLY GUIDES! https://www.lifefactors.org/single-mom-year
Single Moms, Grandparents Raising Grandkids, and Fatherless Individuals can find help for their journey at https://www.GodismyDad.com/
- GOD IS MY DAD WEBSITE: https://www.GodismyDad.com/
- GOD IS MY DAD APPLE MOBILE APP: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/god-is-my-dad/id1625567735
- GOD IS MY GOOGLE MOBILE APP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=branded.mfaf4af6a70a743d3add05e4ed55cd156.my_site&hl=en_US&gl=US
DEVOTIONALS & BOOKS
- THE SINGLE MOM JOURNEY: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/the-single-mom-journey-devotional-book
- THE FATHERLESS JOURNEY FOR GIRLS: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/the-fatherless-journey-for-girls-a-teen-devotional-book
- THE FATHERLESS JOURNEY FOR GUYS: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/the-fatherless-journey-for-guys-a-teen-devotional
- DANIEL AND DANA THE FATHERLESS DINO'S CHILDREN'S BOOK: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/after-the-ark-daniel-and-dana-the-fatherless-dinos