Episode 23 - Conversation with Sean Teis and Dr. Michelle Watson Canfield - The Dad Whisperer!
In Episode 23 of the Let's Talk About Fatherlessness Show, Sean Teis has a conversation with his dear friend Dr. Michelle Watson Canfield, The Dad Whisperer!
/Watch or Subscribe on YouTube / https://tinyurl.com/LifeFactorsMinistries
OUR GUEST PROFILE:
Dr. Michelle Watson Canfield is a national speaker, author, professional counselor of 25 years, and founder of The Abba Project, a nine-month group forum for dads whose daughters are in their teens and 20’s. She writes guest articles regularly for journals and magazines (online and print), as well as her own bi-monthly Dad-Daughter Friday blog, and has been interviewed on numerous radio programs and television programs.
Her first book is titled, "Dad, Here’s What I Really Need From You: A Guide for Connecting With Your Daughter’s Heart" (which is also available in her voice on Audible), and she has also written contributing chapters in "Fathers Say" and "How to Disciple Men." Dr. Michelle hosts a weekly radio program in her hometown of Portland, Oregon called The Dad Whisperer, which is also available on her website and as a podcast on iTunes, Spotify, and Google Play.
Dr. Michelle’s second book, another field guide for dads of daughters, titled "Let’s Talk: Conversation Starters for Dads and Daughters" is available in print, audio, and on Kindle (Publisher: Bethany House/Baker Books). She also co-chairs the Father-Daughter Initiative at the National Center for Fathering with Dr. Ken Canfield.
Dr. Michelle earned a B.S. from Multnomah University, an M.S. in counseling psychology from Lewis and Clark College, and a Ph.D. in health psychology from Walden University. Additionally, she launched her own radio program, The Dad Whisperer, in 2016 in her hometown of Portland, Oregon.
Learn more about Dr. Watson Canfield, The Abba Project, and The Dad Whisperer for dads of daughters at drmichellewatson.com.
CHURCHES & MINISTRIES
To learn more about Life Factors Fatherless Ministries, find resources for your fatherless family ministry, or join the Network of God is my Dad Churches and Ministries, please visit https://www.lifefactors.org/.
- JOIN THE NETWORK OF GOD IS MY DAD CHURCHES & MINISTRIES: https://www.lifefactors.org/godismydadnetwork/
- LAUNCH A SINGLE MOM MINISTRY/ SUPPORT GROUP: https://www.lifefactors.org/start-a-single-mom-support-group
- DOWNLOAD OUR FREE SINGLE MOM YEAR MONTHLY GUIDES! https://www.lifefactors.org/single-mom-year
Single Moms, Grandparents Raising Grandkids, and Fatherless Individuals can find help for their journey at https://www.GodismyDad.com/
- GOD IS MY DAD WEBSITE: https://www.GodismyDad.com/
- GOD IS MY DAD APPLE MOBILE APP: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/god-is-my-dad/id1625567735
- GOD IS MY GOOGLE MOBILE APP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=branded.mfaf4af6a70a743d3add05e4ed55cd156.my_site&hl=en_US&gl=US
DEVOTIONALS & BOOKS
- THE SINGLE MOM JOURNEY: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/the-single-mom-journey-devotional-book
- THE FATHERLESS JOURNEY FOR GIRLS: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/the-fatherless-journey-for-girls-a-teen-devotional-book
- THE FATHERLESS JOURNEY FOR GUYS: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/the-fatherless-journey-for-guys-a-teen-devotional
- DANIEL AND DANA THE FATHERLESS DINO'S CHILDREN'S BOOK: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/after-the-ark-daniel-and-dana-the-fatherless-dinos