Episode 2 with Sean Teis - The Fatherless Factor Part 2
Welcome to Episode 2 of the Let's Talk About Fatherless Show - The Fatherless Factor Part 2!
CHURCHES & MINISTRIES
To learn more about Life Factors Fatherless Ministries or to find resources for your fatherless family ministry, or to join the Network of God is my Dad Churches and Ministries, please visit https://www.lifefactors.org/.
Single Moms, Grandparents Raising Grandkids, and Fatherless Individuals can find help for their journey at https://www.GodismyDad.com/
- LIFE FACTORS WEBSITE: https://www.lifefactors.org/
- LAUNCH A SINGLE MOM MINISTRY/ SUPPORT GROUP: https://www.lifefactors.org/start-a-s...
- GOD IS MY DAD WEBSITE: https://www.GodismyDad.com/
#2 in the three steps every Christian can take to reach the fatherless in our circles of influence:
II. REMIT COMPASSION!
The Bible is filled with comments about this strange group of people called “fatherless”:
- Exodus 22:22 "Ye shall not afflict any widow, or fatherless child."
- Job 29:12 "Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him."
- Psalm 68:5 "A father of the fatherless, and a judge of the widows, is God in his holy habitation."
- Psalm 146:9 "The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down."
- Zechariah 7:10 "And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart."
- Malachi 3:5 "And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against...those that oppress the ...the fatherless..."
- James 1:27 “Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.”
THIS IS TRUE COMPASSION
As a Church, God wants us to have compassion for the fatherless families around us!
THE QUESTION: DO YOU HAVE COMPASSION?
#3 in the three steps every Christian can take to reach the fatherless in OUR circles of influence:
III. REACT WITH A PLAN
Will you do something for the fatherless around you?
MAKE A PLAN - IT’S SIMPLE:
- Pray about who is in your circle of influence
- Contact them.
- Start being involved in their life.
We all want to be shown Compassion!
Jesus Christ is the ultimate picture of compassion.
- God sent Him to die on the cross for every single person that will accept Him.
- God was so compassionate to send His only begotten Son and Jesus was so compassionate that the Bible tells us He had joy in dying on the cross for us!
If you would like to trust in Jesus as your Savior, here are the things you need to understand, believe, and do:
- WE ARE ALL SINNERS - “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” (Romans 3:23) You must realize that you are a sinner. Have you ever lied, cheated, used a curse word, or disrespected one of your parents? If so, then you have sinned before, and admitting you are a sinner is the first step. Every person has sinned. Have you ever Sinned? If yes, then go to the next step!
- OUR SIN MAKES US GO TO HELL WHEN WE DIE - “For the wages of sin is death;” (Romans 6:23a) The punishment for your sin is eternal death in Hell. Do you believe that your sin leads to death in Hell? If yes, go to the next step!
- GOD LOVES US AND JESUS DOES TOO - “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”(Romans 5:8) Out of God’s love for us, He sent His Son to die for our sins. This is our hope, through Christ we can be saved from an eternal death in Hell. Do you believe that this is a free gift from God? If yes, go to the next step!
- WE CAN HAVE ETERNAL LIFE AND GOD AS OUR DAD THROUGH JESUS - “but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23b) God’s gift is eternal life in Heaven through Jesus Christ. Only through Jesus can anyone go to Heaven. Do you believe that the only way to go to Heaven is through trusting in Jesus Christ? If yes, go to the next step!
- ASK JESUS TO SAVE YOU - “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13) You must believe in Jesus and ask Him to forgive you from your sins. Do you believe in Jesus and that you must ask Him to forgive your sins? If yes, go to the next step!
HERE IS A SAMPLE PRAYER THAT YOU CAN PRAY TO TRUST IN JESUS AS YOUR SAVIOR:
"Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner. I know that You are God, and I know that You died in my place to pay for my sin. I believe that You rose from the dead, proving that You are God. Right now, in the best way that I know how, I call upon You and ask You to be my Lord and my Savior and my God. Thank You Jesus for dying for me. Help me now to live for You. Amen."