Episode 1 with Sean Teis - The Fatherless Factor Part 1
Welcome to Episode 1 of the Let's Talk About Fatherless Show - The Fatherless Factor Part 1!
On this episode, our host, Sean Teis, shares some of his story and the basis of Life Factors Fatherless Ministries and the statistics and information associated with it.
CHURCHES & MINISTRIES
To learn more about Life Factors Fatherless Ministries or to find resources for your fatherless family ministry or to join the Network of God is my Dad Churches and Ministries, please visit https://www.lifefactors.org/.
Single Moms, Grandparents Raising Grandkids, and Fatherless Individuals can find help for their journey at https://www.GodismyDad.com/
- LIFE FACTORS WEBSITE: https://www.lifefactors.org/
- LAUNCH A SINGLE MOM MINISTRY/ SUPPORT GROUP: https://www.lifefactors.org/start-a-single-mom-support-group
- GOD IS MY DAD WEBSITE: https://www.GodismyDad.com/
- GOD IS MY DAD APPLE MOBILE APP: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/god-is-my-dad/id1625567735
- GOD IS MY GOOGLE MOBILE APP: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=branded.mfaf4af6a70a743d3add05e4ed55cd156.my_site&hl=en_US&gl=US
DEVOTIONALS & BOOKS:
- THE SINGLE MOM JOURNEY: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/the-single-mom-journey-devotional-book
- THE FATHERLESS JOURNEY FOR GIRLS: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/the-fatherless-journey-for-girls-a-teen-devotional-book
- THE FATHERLESS JOURNEY FOR GUYS: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/the-fatherless-journey-for-guys-a-teen-devotional
- DANIEL AND DANA THE FATHERLESS DINO'S CHILDREN'S BOOK: https://www.godismydad.com/product-page/after-the-ark-daniel-and-dana-the-fatherless-dinos
Life Factors Fatherless Ministries – We started this ministry in May of 2008 to evangelize and disciple fatherless families. We reach fatherless families through the following:
- Spreading Awareness
- Creating Unique Resources
- Partnering with Local Churches - This is not a program!
- Establishing County Ministries
I. REJECT APATHY!
Studies and Statistics:
- “85% of youths in prisons grew up in a fatherless home.” – U. S. D.H.H.S. Bureau of the Census
- “80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger come from fatherless homes.” - Criminal Justice & Behavior, Vol. 14
- Homosexuality & Gender Identity:
- “I have worked with thousands of homosexuals. I have never seen a homosexual who had a loving respectful relationship with his father.” - Dr. Joseph Nicolosi
- “Boys who grow up in father absent homes are more likely than those in father present homes to have trouble establishing appropriate sex roles and gender identity.” - P.L. Adams, J.R. Milner,
- Fatherless Children Teen Pregnancy:
- "71% of pregnant teenage girls come from a fatherless home." - US DHHS, Press Release in 1999
- “A white teenage girl from an advantaged background is five times more likely to become a teen mother if she grows up in a single-mother household than if she grows up in a household with both biological parents.” – Facing the Challenges of Fragmented Families, The Philanthropy Roundtable.
- “In studies involving over 25,000 children using nationally representative data sets, children who lived with only one parent had lower grade point averages, lower college aspirations, poor attendance records, and higher dropout rates than students who lived with both parents.” – Sara McLanahan, Gary Sandefur, Growing Up With a Single Parent: What Hurts, What Helps.
- “Three out of four teenage suicides occur in households where a parent has been absent.” – Jean Bethke Elshtain, Family Matters: The Plight of America’s Children. The Christian Century (July 1993)
- Addictions & Mental Illness:
- “Fatherless Children are at a dramatically greater risk of drug and alcohol abuse, mental illness, suicide, poor educational performance, teen pregnancy, and criminality.” – U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Center for Health Statistics, Survey on Child Health, Washington, DC, 1993.
DOWNLOAD OUR FREE SINGLE MOM YEAR MONTHLY GUIDES!
Learn more here: https://www.lifefactors.org/single-mom-year.